For Sale 160 acre Cariboo ranch completely surrounded by Crown Land
Yes, we have decided to retire and sell Meadow Springs Ranch ... $949,000
Please contact Court Smith at: Court Smith RE/MAX Williams Lake Realty
This very private 160 acres is completely surounded by Crown Land ... in every direction. That's right no neighbours! The closest neighbour
is about 5 miles north, 5 miles south, and 40 miles west and yet we can be in town in 25 minutes. We've been here 24 years and love'd it.
The property titles go back almost to the turn of the century. One local family that still lives in the area lived here for about 30
years. Another family that's also still in the area was here for numerous years, too, and we all ran livestock. We had over
50 head of cattle and horses and one family had 85 mother cows. Two hectacres is zoned tourist commercial and we ran a very successful
guest rancn business for 15 or 16 years. We rented cabins and offered trail rides as well as operating a small cow-calf operation.
The house has all new inside walls and insulation and is over 3000 square feet: 1571 sq ft up and 1444 down.
See the rough floor plans here
There's good all year access as Stormy Rd is a Department of Highways road and is therefore maintained
year round right up to the main gate.
This property could serve in a number of different interests:
- agricultural ... cow calf, feeders, or horses
- hay sales ... 100 big 800 pound round bales annually
- crop share ... if you don't want to do it we have a neighbour lined up that will
- guest ranch and/or trailrides (tack and saddles could be included)
- home business - we have good cell service and great Internet
- current tractor parts (new aftermarket) business could go with the property
- total relaxation and privacy ... wildlife and bird viewing
Check out the photos here
click to enlarge
- all new (2021) kitchen appliances still close to 5 years warranty
- all new (2021) custom kitchen cabinets
- all new (2021) bathroom
- quality Moen taps, etc
- all new insulation and interior walls (2020 & 2021)
- all new quality flooring (2020 & 2021)
- all new windows
- all new Hunter Douglas blinds
- new roof in 2015
- new seemless gutters in 2015
- generator included (wired in)
- fairly new low maintanence wifi hot tub (2017) with salt system
- hot tub is sunken in deck with big screen TV and bar fridge
- new (2020) Palram Prestige green house on concrete
- under ground sprinkler system for new (about 2018) front lawn
- miles of new fences and gates new in 2020 and 2021
- new wood / electric furnace and chimney liner in 2013
- approximately two years of fire wood included
- two water licences: the main well and irrigation
- flood irigation so no pipes and sprinklers to move
- water test results from 2019
- septic tanks pumped and cleaned in 2018
- insurance $2,432 per year
- taxes $350 per year (as farm)
- horse barn with 6 tie stalls and one box stall
- attached tack room with saddle racks, etc
(some saddles, tack and a team harness could be included)
- large hay shed will hold 100 large round bales
- fulled insulated 20' x 24' drive through shop (heated concrete floor)
(with full size, 6' high in the centre, overhead storage area)
- large 22' x 38' workshop with attached garden shed
- large leanto tractor shed on side of shop
- log guest cabin with 3 piece bathroom
- numerous other out buildings
The house is a 3 bedroom with 2 1/2 bathrooms. Presently set up with master bedroom with walk through closet and ensuite with
heated floor, a spare bedroom with a cabinet bed in a large 2 desk office. Large 3 piece bathroom, laundry room, and large living room.
The kitchen and dining room are one open concept room. The basement bedroom is an excerise / TV room with
it's own 2 piece bathroom. There's a cold / wine room, an office / hobby room, mechanical room, furnace room with work benches, and a
large wood room (holds enough wood for about two years).
There's a front door into the living room off a patio, a back (main) door from a large covered deck with hottub, and glass French
doors in the master bedroom to it's own private deck, outdoor shower, and the hottub. An outside door from the basement leads up a
second stair case to the main entrance and deck. See the rough floor plans here
Approximate room sizes are:
- kitchen 17' x 11'
- dining rm 14'6" x 12'
- spare bed / office 12' x 12'6" (with additional large closet)
- main bath 10' x 8'6"
- entry / laundry rm 7'3" x 17'6" (with wall to wall storage)
- living rm 21'4" x 16' 4" (plus 10' x 3' bay window area)
- master bed 12'9" x 12'1"
- ensuite 6'6" x 8'4" (with additional linen closet & storage)
- walk through closet to ensuite 4' x 5'4"
- mechanical room 7'6" x 5'9"
- two piece bath rm 3' x 6'4"
- basement hall 17' x 6'6" (with wall to wall storage)
- basement bed rm / rec rm 10'8" x 20'2"
- basement office / hobby rm 9' x 10'
- cold room / wine celler 5'4" x 6'6"
- furnace room 13'6" x 17'6'
- wood rm 14' x 20'7"
- deck off master bed rm 14'6" x 8'3"
- main covered deck 29' x 25'
- front door patio 26' x 10'
- new shop 24' by 19'
- work shop 22' x 38'
- garden shed 9' x 16'
- tractor shed 20' x 36'
- hayshed 34' x 62'
- horse barn 22' x 26'
- tack room 15' x 17'
- log guest cabin 11' x 22' (with 4' x 8' 3 piece bath rm)
See all photos here.
Tractors, haying and farm equipment, saddles, tack, harness, household furniture, antiques, etc.
Below is a list of items, with approximate values, that could possibly be for sale and possibly be negotiable with the sale of the property.
Much of the haying equipment and tractors can be seen on the photos page here. It's all fairly
old but everything works. Other photos may be available by request.
tractors and equipment
- 1981 Ford 555 backhoe, 4 in 1 front, 12" & 24" ditching 36" cleanup - $12,000
- MF 1085 tractor (about 1978 about 81 HP) with quick attach loader - $12,000
- Hesston 5510 rounder baler (with many new belts & spare parts) - $2,000
- Hesston 1070 mower (with many extra parts) - $3,000
- Two Hesston PT7 mowers (with many new parts and parts machines) - $2,000 each
- MF 65 tractor (1960) completely rebuilt - $6,000
- Farendlose side delivery hay rake - $1,000
- BrushHog 5" rotory mower - $250
- Tractor drawn dump trailer (electric over hydraulics) $300
- one 7' single discs $200
- one 7' double discs $250
- one bale wagon (carries 6 of 5' 800 lb round bales) - $400
- one MF 124 square baler - $1,000
other household and ranch items
- one new chest freezer - $400
- one new upright freezer - $600
- lots of saddles and tack - could be nogotiated to go with the property sale
- one team harness with collars - $700
- one Polaris Xpedition 325 4 x4 ATV - $3,000
- one Honda Big Red trike - $500
- BCTractorParts.com new tractor parts business (negotiable with property sale)
- we have lots of antiques and antique furniture that could be nogotiated to go with the property
- some furniture could be nogotiated to go with the property sale
- some shop tools & equipment could be nogotiated to go with the property sale
- one round bale feeder - $200
Check out the photos here
For more info please contact Court Smith at: Court Smith RE/MAX Williams Lake Realty